Assistant Configuration Officer
Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, NoordwijkESA/ESTEC
We are looking for an Assistant Configuration Officer on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Cost Centre Control & Support Service Team. The deadline for submitting applications is 6 October 2022.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
- Establishing adequate processes for proper Product configuration control, including:
- Configuration management planning;
- Configuration items identification, technical requirements base lining, production, and maintenance of configuration item data list (CIDL);
- Management of configuration evolution, baselines verification, as-built control, and inspections.
- Establishment of configuration control methods, procedures, and standards;
- Establishing and/or assuring that adequate configuration control methods, procedures and standards are established and/or maintained, consistent with applicable standards/requirements;
- Preparing formal requirements for inclusion in industrial contracts;
- Participating in Project Reviews;
- Conducting configuration audits and configuration inspections;
- Supervising the processing and disposition of Change Requests and/or Change Proposals;
- Providing status data and maintaining a well-structured record system; acting as secretary to appropriate Boards established for the processing of changes;
- Establishing and maintaining the approval system for all documents under formal ESA control and maintaining the associated DRLs and DRDs;
- Supporting the supervision and maintenance of the documentation library and archives;
- Proposing automated methods and tools required to increase performance of configuration and documentation control tasks.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, or similar;
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in the aerospace industry;
- Experience as a user of SAP and, in particular, ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications (e.g., ESA-p) is an asset;
- Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset;
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages, including, in particular, MS Office and advanced use of Excel;
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA-specific context and environment, including ESA corporate IT applications;
- Knowledge of Finance/Accounting is an asset;
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and spoken;
- Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
Your application has been successfully submitted! For any additional question you might have, don't hesitate to reach out to us through our social media channels or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org