Earth Observation System Engineer
Italy, Lazio, RomeESA/ESRIN
We are looking for multiple Earth Observation System Engineers on behalf of and in support to our client for their location in Frascati, Italy. The selected candidates will be involved with end-to-end reviewing and supervising of EO missions through appropriate engineering activities.
The successful applicants will be employed by ATG Europe and not by our Client.
The successful candidates will be tasked with, but not limited to:
- Supervise and review industrial activities and mission/architecture reviews for future EO missions;
- Supervise and review internal reviews to assess the results of industrial activities;
- Define and update system specifications throughout all phases of EO missions, in close cooperation with different stakeholders;
- Ensure the technical coherence of the system design, including system-level budgets, system performance analyses, definition of spacecraft and payload subsystems and related data processing;
- Contribute to the evaluation of industrial and scientific proposals;
- Contribute to the preparation of scientific and technical dossiers on EO missions;
- Contribute to the analysis of EO development undertaken by other space companies as well as commercial initiatives;
- Contribute to the specification and development of mission analysis, mission performance and system-sizing tools.
- Masters’ degree in Engineering or Physics;
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience;
- Background in space engineering with systems orientation and end-to-end view of Earth Observation missions
- Experience in (Payload) Systems Engineering across the program lifecycle (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, PSR, Launch), with knowledge of Systems Engineering concepts and processes;
- Familiarity with various EO techniques and experience of hardware development and system performance evaluation are desirable. Familiarity with optical and/or microwave remote sensing techniques would be considered as an advantage
- Strong process focus with the ability to intelligently apply standard processes;
- Able to thoroughly address responsibilities, with good attention to detail and a proven understanding of documentation methods and requirements;
- Able to review, assess and document (complex) problems and to propose solutions;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members;
- Candidates must be eligible to work and live in EU.
Your application has been successfully submitted! For any additional question you might have, don't hesitate to reach out to us through our social media channels or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org