Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, NoordwijkESA/ESTEC
We are looking for an EMC Engineer on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their EMC & Harness Section to provide functional support in EMC engineering to Agency’s Projects throughout all phases of Project life cycle.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA. The deadline for submitting applications is 25 August 2022.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
- Support to ESA projects for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) including ESD and Magnetic Cleanliness;
- Participation to EMC test campaigns and EMC laboratory activities;
- Electrical/electronic circuit simulations and electromagnetic modelling;
- Contribution to team expertise and knowledge dissemination.
- In addition, the following might also be applicable:
- Definition and assessment of EMC requirements at both System and Equipment level;
- Definition and assessment of EMC test and verification procedures of spacecraft equipment and systems;
- Assessment of EMC test results, EMC non-conformances and Request for Waivers;
- Troubleshooting activities for spacecraft equipment and system exhibiting electromagnetic interference;
- Active participation to Spacecraft or payloads Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR) and Flight Acceptance Reviews (FAR).
- Master or PhD in Electrical Engineering and/or Physics;
- At least 4 years proven industrial experience in spacecraft EMC system and equipment engineering;
- Profound knowledge in the field of EMC in general, demonstrated expertise in EMC analysis and proven practical experience in EMC testing;
- Expertise with analogue electronics design or electromagnetic simulation is an asset, as is experience of working on projects within industry;
- Knowledge and experience with harness engineering is an additional asset;
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently, good communication skills;
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage;
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is and asset;
- For candidates with less than 10 years experience, please provide the relevant academic transcripts in order to give the hiring manager a more complete candidate profile at the selection stage.
Your application has been successfully submitted! For any additional question you might have, don't hesitate to reach out to us through our social media channels or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org