Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, NoordwijkESA/ESTEC
We are looking for an experienced Hardware Buyer on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to support their Corporate Business Process Management office.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
- Report to the ATG IT Purchasing Service Manager, the IT Buyer is responsible for optimal selection of ICT suppliers and ICT products to ensure the best usage of resources and technology for the Agency;
- Oversee ICT market trends with focus on IT Infrastructure providers for Computer Hardware, Software and networking products;
- Analysis and assessment of trends in the ICT market, build and maintain relationship with ICT market leaders to understand and report on innovative technology to the management;
- Monitor the product line up and future product roadmaps of exiting ITC suppliers for the agency;
- Analyse and utilise for the agency the competitive developments of key ICT vendors in market;
- Engage in regular meetings with ICT vendors and suppliers for price negotiations;
- Issue Request for Quotations and Tenders to test the ICT market and select the optimal suppliers for the agency;
- Participate in Tender evaluation to support the board while selection of suppliers.
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology and a minimum of 4 years of relevant professional working experience with ICT vendors;
- Deep knowledge of the ICT market, with specific focus on IT Infrastructure products like PC, Laptops, Servers, Workplace related Software;
- Understanding of Enterprise grade ICT products;
- An aptitude for effective communication and collaboration in an international and challenging environment;
- Team player;
- Customer oriented;
- Proven negotiation skills;
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken;
- Knowledge of another European language is an asset.
Your application has been successfully submitted! For any additional question you might have, don't hesitate to reach out to us through our social media channels or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org