Mechanical Engineer (TBS)
France, Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur, CadaracheFusion 4 Energy
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer who will be working at the Client’s site in Cadarache, France, in support of the Test Blanket System Team. The client is active in the Nuclear Industry.
The successful applicant will be employed by ATG Europe and not by our Client.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
- Support the engineering activities in dealing with the design and construction of the Neutron Activation System of the WCLL-TBS (Water Cooled Lithium Lead Test Blanket System);
- During the design phase, coordinate and supervise the activities carried out by the external contractors, focusing on the optimization of the components and system layout, mechanical integration, instrumentation deployment, thermo-hydraulic and thermo-mechanical analyses, management of the internal (to Test Blanket System) and external ITER PBS interfaces, verification of the compliance with the technical requirements;
- Prepare the technical specifications of the service contracts for the NAS design and construction and, as well, he/she will drive the technical review of the supplier contractual deliverables.
- Support the Port Master in the different aspects of the physical and functional integration of the TBS sub-systems and components within the Port Cell#16;
- Collaborate with the designers of the AEU (Ancillary Equipment Unit) frame and, delegated by the Port Master, with the ITER officers in charge of supervising the integration of the Port Cell #16. Supporting mechanical design activities;
- In addition, support with the below activities might be requested:
- Supporting engineering integration activities (reviewing, following-up and monitoring works executed by suppliers);
- Assisting the Project Manager (Reviewing and following-up suppliers’ working schedules, assessing, and monitoring project risks, performing cost assessment and cost control activities).
- Performing technical reports on relevant fields.
- BEng in industrial, mechanical, electrical, aerospace, or nuclear engineering (or equivalent) with at least 4 years of relevant working experience;
- Experience in the use of codes and standards for the design of mechanical components (at least one of the following: ASME III, ASME VIII, RCC-MR, RCC-MRx, Eurocodes, EN standards, European Directives, etc.);
- Experience in the definition of the design of mechanical systems based on relevant manufacturing processes (forming, forging, rolling, joining, machining, assembly, testing, etc.);
- Experience in the production and/or assessment of built-to-print documentation is an advantage;
- Experience in the definition of the manufacturing tolerances of mechanical assemblies considering the final dimensional requirements of the assemblies, including functional annotation is an advantage;
- General knowledge of welding (TIG, GMAW, SMAW, EB, etc.), and/or brazing and/or HIPping is an advantage;
- Experience in the performance of FMEAs and/or functional analyses and/or reliability analyses and/or spare part analyses is an advantage;
- Fluent English, both written and spoken;
- Candidates must be eligible to work and live in EU;
- Candidates must be willing to relocate to the country of duty.
Your application has been successfully submitted! For any additional question you might have, don't hesitate to reach out to us through our social media channels or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org