Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, NoordwijkESA/ESTEC
We are looking for a Programme/Project Controller on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Business Control & Administration Management Office. The selected candidate should show integrity and professionalism. The deadline for submitting applications is 9 December 2022.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe (or one of its subsidiaries) and not by ESA. Furthermore, they will be subject to a general security screening performed by an external provider.
The post holder will contribute to the smooth operations of the Directorate and to the efficient management of its resources and technical infrastructure, with particular emphasis on the control and administrative support functions necessary to execute activities and Programmes under the remit of the Technology Programme Office. The post holder will be assigned to the Programme and Project Control Service under the direct responsibility of the Business Control and Administration Manager (BCAM) supporting the Technology Programme Office, with the following specific tasks:
- Assist the BCAM in implementing a pro-active control function, through:
- Proper cost and commitment planning, with regular reporting and related mid-term reviews to facilitate the timely initiation of the agreed work / procurement plans
- Monitoring the execution of activities flagging deviations and reporting on the main causes
- Coordinating internal resources and activities
- Interfacing with line management and stakeholders
- Performing analysis and preparing reports (including drill down reporting, statistical analysis and trend analysis) and presentation material as necessary
- Contribute to the preparation of management and coordination meetings and support them on an ad/hoc basis
- Ensure all processes documentation is in place and up to date and provide the necessary support and training to colleagues and newcomers
- Collaborate in the continuous improvement of the existing processes, methods and tools.
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or similar;
- At least 4 years of experience in project or financial control;
- Previous experience in supporting the management of Technology Programmes as well as on Agency's practices and processes is a distinct advantage;
- Excellent analytical, organizational and reporting skills, a proactive attitude to solving problems and a solid proficiency in IT tools;
- Ability to manage large and complex data sets and to synthesize information;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and customer focus;
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
Your application has been successfully submitted! For any additional question you might have, don't hesitate to reach out to us through our social media channels or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org