RF Payloads Plus Microwave & Mmwaves Technology & Equipment Engineer
Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, NoordwijkESA/ESTEC
We are looking for an RF Payloads Plus Microwave & Mmwaves Technology & Equipment Engineer on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Payload Engineering Section. The selected candidate should show integrity and professionalism. The deadline for submitting applications is 14 December 2022.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe (or one of its subsidiaries) and not by ESA. Furthermore, they will be subject to a general security screening performed by an external provider.
The successful candidate will work in one or more of the following domains: RF and Microwave Remote Sensing Instruments for Earth Observation, RF Navigation Payloads, or RF Satellite Communication Payloads, and will be tasked with, but not limited to:
- Contribute to internal R&D activities for the design, modelling, architectural trade-off and performance assessment of advanced RF and microwave instruments for Earth Observation, and/or navigation payloads, and/or satellite communication payloads, with main emphasis on payloads based on digital signal processing and active antennas;
- Perform technical management of R&D activities with industry/institutions in the field of advanced payload concepts and sub-systems/equipment development;
- Provide expert RF payload technical support to ESA projects and programmes;
- Contribute to the generation and promotion of innovative idea for future satellite missions in the field of RF payloads, including the definition of ESA R&D programmes;
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for R&D activities to be performed by industry, from early conceptual studies to full hardware development;
- Carry out computer simulations at system/subsystem level for the assessment of end-to-end payload and instrument performance;
- Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools;
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the RF/Microwave systems technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
- A Master’s degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering;
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience;
- Good background and several years of working experience in design, development, and testing of Radio Frequency Payloads in the domain of Navigation and/or Earth observation and/or Telecommunications;
- Experience in Navigation Payloads and/or satellite Communication Payloads is a distinct asset;
- Experience in the following topics is an asset:
- Radio frequency and microwave payloads technologies based on active phased array antennas;
- Transmit/Receive Modules for microwave payloads;
- Digital signal processing units, and experience on payloads based on digital signal processing;
- End-to-end payload performance and signal quality analysis;
- State-of-the-art RF analogue and (high-speed) digital signal processing techniques and technologies.
- Familiarity with software and simulation tools and programming (Matlab/Simulink, ADS/VSS, C/C++, Python);
- Promoting cooperation and team-working, problem solving;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Candidates with less than 10 years of experience will be asked to provide the relevant academic transcripts, in order to give the Hiring Panel a more complete candidate profile.
Your application has been successfully submitted! For any additional question you might have, don't hesitate to reach out to us through our social media channels or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org