ATG Europe B.V. and its affiliated companies (“ATG Europe”, “us” or “we”), understand that your privacy is important to you. ATG Europe may process your personal data in its capacity as data controller. We are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data, which is any information that enables identifying you as an individual. This Recruitment Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes how we handle and protect your personal data in connection with ATG Europe recruiting processes.
This Privacy Notice only applies to the personal data of job applicants, potential candidates for employment. It does not apply to our employees, contractors or clients, or other personal data that ATG Europe collects for other purposes.
As used in this Privacy Notice, “personal data” means information that identifies job applicants and potential candidates for employment with us, either submitted as part of the online application and/or through alternative channels (e.g. email, via our partners).
We will process your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice, unless such processing conflicts with the requirements of applicable law in individual cases, in which situation applicable law will prevail.
By submitting your personal data to us, you acknowledge that:
• You have read and understood this Privacy Notice and agree to the one-year retention as specified below.
• Your personal data may be transferred and processed worldwide, including countries that may not be deemed to provide the same level of data protection as your home country, for the purposes and in the manner specified in this Privacy Notice.
• You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
• All of your representations are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief. Providing any inaccurate information may make you ineligible for employment.
• This Privacy Notice does not form part of any contract of employment.
2. Collection of personal data
The types of personal data that we request from you and the ways that we process it are determined by the requirements of the country and/or the location of the position(s), and not the country in which you reside. In some countries, you may have different rights under local law than you do in your country of residence.
We usually collect personal data directly from you when you apply for a role with us, such as your name, address, contact information, work and educational history, achievements, and test results. We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as professional recruiting firms, your references, prior employers, ATG employees with whom you have interviewed, and employment background check (screening) providers, to the extent this is permitted by applicable law.
Sensitive personal data is a subset of personal data and includes ethnicity, health, trade union membership, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, as well as other categories prescribed by law. We do not seek to obtain and will not collect such data about a candidate unless permitted to do so by applicable laws and required by our customers, of which you will be duly informed.
3. Use of your personal data
We collect and use your personal data for legitimate human resources and business management purposes including:
• identifying and evaluating candidates for potential employment, as well as for future roles that may become available
• recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring
• ensuring compliance with legal requirements
• conducting background checks to the extent permitted by applicable law
• protecting our legal rights to the extent authorized or permitted by law.
We process your personal data for the purposes described above:
• when we have your consent to do so
• when necessary to enter into an employment contract with you
• when necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation
• when necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests as an employer operating globally.
We do not make any recruiting or hiring decisions based on automated decision-making.
4. Data recipients and international data transfers
Your personal data may be accessed by recruiters and interviewers working in the country where the position for which you are applying is based, as well as by recruiters and interviewers working in different countries within ATG Europe’s organization. IT personnel within ATG Europe may also have limited access to your personal data in order to perform their work.
It is inherent to our recruitment business line that personal data can be forwarded to our clientele or our/their partners for purposes as detailed under section 3. We may use third-party systems for proposing you as a candidate to work with one of our customers. In that case, you will be informed separately.
We use a third-party service provider to provide us with a recruiting software system. We also share your personal data with other third-party service providers that may assist us in recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing, and improving our recruiting practices. We only share your personal data as necessary. These third parties may only process the personal data on behalf of ATG Europe and for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
When sharing personal data with third parties, it may be transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or to an international organization if our customer is an international organization. We will transfer your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws and will implement suitable safeguards to ensure that your personal data are adequately secured by any third party that will access your data (e.g. by contractual arrangements).
5. Keeping your data
When you apply for a position with ATG Europe, any relevant personal data collected will become part of our database and will be stored for a period of 1 year if you give your consent to this data retention. After this period, you will be requested to renew your consent for us to keep your data for a further year. If you do not give your consent, your personal data will be deleted from our database. You may also decide to opt out at any time (see section 7 below).
If you apply or if we receive your personal data through other means than an application through our jobs website, your data will be manually entered into our recruitment software and your application will be handled only after you confirm being informed of this Privacy Notice and give your consent for the retention of 1 year. If you do not consent, we will delete your personal data from our systems.
If you accept an offer of employment by us, any relevant personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your personnel records and will be retained as long as necessary according to country-specific requirements. If you become an employee of ATG Europe, a different privacy notice will apply (outside the scope of this document).
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technical and operational security to protect personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized personnel of ATG Europe and of our third-party service providers are provided access to personal data, and these employees and third-party service providers are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personal data.
7. Data subject rights
We take reasonable steps that are designed to keep personal data accurate, complete, and up-to-date for the purposes for which it is collected and used. We have also implemented measures that are designed to ensure that our processing of personal data complies with this Privacy Notice and applicable law.
You have the right to:
• request access to your personal data for the purposes of reviewing, modifying, or requesting deletion of the data
• request a copy of the personal data we have collected and to have any inaccuracies corrected
• request that we delete or restrict processing your personal data
• object to processing of your personal data
• withdraw consent for processing if it is carried out (only) based on consent
• request portability of your personal data.
Upon request, ATG Europe can confirm what information we hold and how it is processed. If ATG Europe does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
• Purpose of the processing
• Categories of personal data
• Recipient(s) of the information, including recipients in third countries or international organizations and appropriate safeguards for these international transfers
• How long the personal data will be stored
• The data subject’s right to request rectification or erasure, restriction or objection, relative to their personal data being processed
• The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority and a method for doing so
• Where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source
• The existence of automated decision-making (currently there is none taking place at ATG Europe).
If you would like to make a request related to your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to access personal data, ATG has implemented security measures to sufficiently identify the person making the request based primarily on data we already have.
Any person whose data we process may have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection authority. For more information, if located in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact the local data protection authority.
For the few cookies that we use on our jobs website https://jobs.atg-europe.com/, you will receive a cookie prompt when entering the website. Please see the section at the end of that page for Cookie Preferences.
For the rest of the ATG Europe website, you will find our cookie statement here: https://www.atg-europe.com/cookie-policy/.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or related matters, please contact us at:
ATG Europe Noordwijk Space Business Park Huygensstraat 34 2201 DK Noordwijk (ZH) The Netherlands email@example.com.
You may submit inquiries regarding personal data protection, privacy and security matters to our Data Protection Responsible at the email address mentioned above.
10. Links to other websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services (except to the extent that section 4 regarding data recipients states otherwise).
11. Detailed information regarding employee screening
Considering the integrity necessary for ATG Europe’s line of business, we will perform a background check in the form of a screening to any candidate selected for a position. This screening will only apply to candidates to whom we have made an offer of employment and/or signed an employment contract with, but we wish to provide you with this information as early in the process as possible.
At the moment of writing (October 2023), the verifications necessary for the screening are carried out by a third-party provider (PESCHECK B.V., see more information on their website https://www.pescheck.io/en). The screening will require cooperation and provision of information/documents by the selected candidate. The following information may be included in the screening (points to be checked depend on job position and country):
• Statement of integrity: form to be signed by candidate
• ID verification: candidate will provide ID and its authenticity will be verified
• PEP (politically exposed persons), Sanction and Watchlists Check: global sanctions and enforcement checks
• Certificate of Good Conduct or Criminal Records Certificate: candidate to provide a certificate to ATG Europe based on instructions
• Qualification and diploma check: verification that the diplomas or certificates provided by the candidate have actually been obtained
• Credit check: the candidate’s creditworthiness and solvency is verified
• Work reference check: the references provided by the candidate are verified by contacting them (candidate can choose whether previous employer before ATG Europe is contacted or not)
Customer commitments may also require that we conduct an additional pre-screening check. This means that the candidate will be requested to provide information regarding their nationality and a copy of their (university) diplomas at an earlier stage in the selection process, before we submit their profile to the customer.
ATG Europe has a legitimate interest to try to verify the integrity of its employees. Checking of diplomas and work references also serves to ensure the hiring of qualified personnel. The results of the screening will be used for this purpose. Providing the necessary information and documents in the screening process may also be a requirement for the employment contract. In addition, some of the verifications in the screening may be a contractual requirement to work on the premises or in close contact with some of our customers. In these cases, the results of the verifications will be shared with the customer. However, we will not share the documents provided by you during the screening with the customer unless it is required in a (contractual) audit.
In case the screening comes back with any unsatisfactory findings, we will also share the results with the person screened.
The screening report and any documents provided directly to ATG Europe will be stored as part of the personnel file of the employee for one year from employment start date unless it becomes necessary to store them for longer.
To the extent that this section 11 does not explicitly state otherwise, the information provided in the other sections of this Privacy Notice is applicable to the screening process.
12. Changes to this Privacy Notice
ATG Europe reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice. We will post any changes to our Privacy Notice on this website. Please check this page regularly to keep up to date.